Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gettin' cold up in them thar hills!

Tonight at 2am it is time to "fall back" in Ukraine...yep, daylight savings time... which basically means that the sun will be on the horizon tomorrow evening as early as 3:30 and it will be full darkness by 5:30.....ughhh, depressing!!
I am learning how Ukrainians have evolved to cope with such dark, depressing weather...lots of alcohol! Or lots of time nice spent with friends and family....I just had a lovely evening with Irina and Sergei and the kids...played hide and seek with Eva and had a little dance party to some accordion music. Good times! It rather makes me wish that my life in the US were not so comfortable...sometimes it takes a little collective discomfort to spur such a lovely sense of commiseration. This is one of many things I hope to continue in the states (maybe minus the discomfort).

P.S. to Mom and Dad....Irina and Sergei loved their gifts...Sergei nearly fell over when he saw the whisky and proceeded to drink a third of the bottle! He said I am no longer allowed to come back to visit unless I bring this whisky with me every time! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment